Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

anyone recognize this vintage high hat

Is it vintage, or just old-crap? It needs some work, and I will get it working, but there is no brand on it.

4 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Looks like 40's-'50's...Walberg & Auge or something like that....W & A was a stock producer for many American drum co's back then. You probably couldn't get morr than $30-40 for it...but if you can make it work fine, they're fun to have around.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm guessing by looking at the pedal (no name or any distinct markings) that it's an import from the late 60's, mid 70's. I think I had one very similar to it which my parents bought for me from Sears & Roebuck, with cymbals included. This would have been 1976 or so. I think it lasted maybe a month or two, as did the cymbals.

So my guess is *junk* :)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

THANKS to both of you. If I can get it to work, it will simply be an interesting looking addition.

I had a stand in the 1980's that my professor used to use. It was the lightest highat I ever saw. the pedal was like three pieces of metal that left the pedal liiking like an "open foot." It was easy to use and very fast. I asked my prof where he got it and he told me he boughtit after talking to Buddy Rich about his use of it. Although buddy sponsored Slingerland Drums, he often used hardware that was from other manufactureres, unless he was being filmed or on TV. HE used that 1970's Rogers foot pedal for years. When my prof sat in with Buddy's band, he noticed the Rogers pedal and how easy it was to work. when he commented on it, Buddy gave it to him. When he asked Buddy if it was difficult to set up so it worked that easily, Buddy said -no, you just put it on. After Buddy walked away, the roadie came up and told my prof that it took an hour to set the pedal that afternoon!

Nonetheless, as with the highhat - heavy duty is not always the best.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, well...old Rogers pedals are not the snap-dandiest to adjust...I agree.

I gotta say that your stand is pre-60's, though...the tipoff is the rubber feet...which are basically shaped rubber washers facing down w/ a grommet thru them...also, when the stand folds, the legs fold UP...not down and inward...that's also a tipoff to an older sorta hardware.

I love old HH stands...I have a slew of 'em...a W & A, 2 Slingerlands, 2 Rogers....some others. They all suit me just fine.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here