Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

anyone know what this yamaha is?

This is on an auction site in NZ and has already reached it's reserve price, any idea of the model or what kind ow wood it's roughly made of, love the funky wrap!

1 attachments
Pearl 66 Arbiter wmp
Star Clearlite acrylic 70's
Pearl 69 wood shell snare black pearl
Pearl 69 wood shell snare tigers eye pearl
www.myspace.com/thechandies
Posted on 14 years ago

LOVELY!!!!Early 70,s,late 60,s likely.Blended shell,5 ply,no rings,very Gretsch like.Are there any serial numbers on the badge?Cool1

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey thanks for the info, hopefully she will become mine! I'll see if there's a badge number I can get!

Pearl 66 Arbiter wmp
Posted on 14 years ago

From trevlak

Hey thanks for the info, hopefully she will become mine! I'll see if there's a badge number I can get!

You'd best keep a good close eye on them, and bring a wheel barrow full, as those get up and run when they go on sale. Likely to go close to, if not over 1000 and that is USD

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

What are they priced at,at this time?...Is the snare a match,and is that a 6 lug bass drum?...overall condition is????

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

no the snare's not a match, looks like a 60's pearl, currently it's at $50 nz and it's reserve has been met, but it's still got a week to run so it's definitely gona collect some bids along the way. Yep six lug bass drum, doesn't have serial numbers

Pearl 66 Arbiter wmp
Posted on 14 years ago

By what i can see in the photo.I would say late 1967-69 maybe 1970..By the tom mount the badges and the bass drum cymbal arm mount ..That's my best guess..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

I would put those late sixties early 70's ,yamaha did transition from luan and blended shells to birch at some point I believe.Here in the u.s. they were selling two lines by 1976/77 one made of falkatta,the other birch which were professional drums that turned into the recording custom.In the u.s. MIJ stencil kits are going for 150.00 350.00 depending on condition,I see the yamahas as better made kits,but 400.00 to 700.00 I think is more accurate on what they would bring at best IMO in this economy.That being said I hear that they sound good,and are sturdy and playable by modern standards,and they have some great wraps with a great vibe.

Posted on 14 years ago

well someone got themselves a bargain, this went for $440 nz dollars which is about $315 US.

Pearl 66 Arbiter wmp
Posted on 14 years ago

I just found a beater Yamaha 3 pc set, jazz sizes, natural (Birch?) finish maybe wrap removed, grey painted interiors, hardware somewhat complete, badges removed, sizes 20/12/14 ft.. nice player set.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here