Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Anyone Know Something About This Drum

hello, i just have a picture of a drum , if someone know something about who made this types of finishes drum, plz send me a e-mail at [email]meumaygab@msn.com[/email]

thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks kinda like a cross between plain blue and astro. It's gotta be one of those wild stencil wraps. Pretty cool. What's the story with that one?

Posted on 14 years ago

i dont know , i buy it 100$ in a old men ,they sound really great, they have no stamp or badge , but the men says its a ludwig, so i dont think its a ludwig, the finishes is pretty cool what compagnies made that kind of finishes?

Posted on 14 years ago

It's not a Ludwig. That much is for certain. What it appears to be is a Japanese stencil drum. Can you post some pics of the insides? That would help.

Posted on 14 years ago

two more photo i hope thats help you, and thanks you for the information

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

It appears to be a Japanese stencil kit. You did just fine for a hundred bucks. Nice catch.

Posted on 14 years ago

do you have more information about this kind of drum, like the wood, a litle bit of the story of this kinds of drum, the sound,the years , the cost , this is a good drum?? ect.. i think i use it to be my jazz kit with remo2 ply coated

Posted on 14 years ago

The cost was minimal when they were new.

It is a Japanese "stencil" kit.

Either Pearl of Star made the drums -likely sometime in the 60's/70's.

The wood is LAUAN ;)

The value is minimal.

No one makes those old finishes anymore because they were environmentally unfriendly to manufacture and the processes were discontinued.

They do look cool! The old Japanese finishes were some of the coolest and "wildest" ever!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

did they have some website about japenese stencil kit??

the lauan wood its the first time i ear that this is a good wood ? they sounds like??

pearl of star what is this compagnies

and thank guys

Posted on 14 years ago

From gabby

did they have some website about japenese stencil kit??the lauan wood its the first time i ear that this is a good wood ? they sounds like??pearl of star what is this compagniesand thank guys

Try this page, here on the forum for info

link........................

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here