Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Anyone know anything about Korri drums??

A friend is going to send me this snare drum name is Korri, wood shell.I did check on line the only thing i can fine out is that Korri drums were made in germany the lugs look like 50s Trixon but the shell looks like a 3 or 4 ply with rings almost looks Sonor to me..So is Korri drums made by Trixon or Sonor or??..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

According to all I know, Sonor never sold their kits under other brands than Sonor. Korri may be related to Trixon - but I'm not sure.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago

I haven`t heard of them - let us know if you find out more.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Just thought I would add some fuel to the fire here about possible European stencils,about eight years ago a friend of mine bought an olympic kit in green silk, pre int,but it had a blue silk 14" width 15" depth floor tom the name I can't remember but on the badge was a German first and last name and said made in germany,I looked the company up on the net and they were still in business and made violins and band instruments,site was in german so I did not e mail,the wrap was an exact match to premier blue silk,and the lugs looked like sonor teardrops or trixon late 50's early 60's lugs,the t rods were slotted,rims triple flanged,and the drum was post int circumfrence,the inside ply looked like beech or birch,was vertical grain 6 ply and all the plies looked like the same wood,before I took off the head the drum was dead and "thonky",I tuned it really high and it started to resonate,so when I took the head off it had no bearing edge, totally flat with maybe a minuscule round over to the outside.At the time I thought it to be made by trixon or sonor,but I still don't know if trixon did vertical grain inner or outer plies.

Posted on 14 years ago

Korri were made by Tromsa. The bearing edges out of the factory got worse and worse over the years as they tried to cut costs and compete but once you do the bearing edges and other little touchups on the drums they are very good. There is a Korri set of turkis flitter(aquamarine sparkle) timbales on ebay.de at this very minute. I have the kit to go with them but not the 100 or more Euros to acquire them.

Posted on 14 years ago

check out this site,some really cool euro drums including tromsa http://www.drummuseum.hu/gyujtemeny_a.php?a=m&f=2&mid=33

Posted on 14 years ago

From eamesuser

Just thought I would add some fuel to the fire here about possible European stencils,about eight years ago a friend of mine bought an olympic kit in green silk, pre int,but it had a blue silk 14" width 15" depth floor tom the name I can't remember but on the badge was a German first and last name and said made in germany,I looked the company up on the net and they were still in business and made violins and band instruments,site was in german so I did not e mail,the wrap was an exact match to premier blue silk,and the lugs looked like sonor teardrops or trixon late 50's early 60's lugs,the t rods were slotted,rims triple flanged,and the drum was post int circumfrence,the inside ply looked like beech or birch,was vertical grain 6 ply and all the plies looked like the same wood,before I took off the head the drum was dead and "thonky",I tuned it really high and it started to resonate,so when I took the head off it had no bearing edge, totally flat with maybe a minuscule round over to the outside.At the time I thought it to be made by trixon or sonor,but I still don't know if trixon did vertical grain inner or outer plies.

Trixon made only 5 different wooden shells , although in the early years, there may have been others created during development.They were all of the highest quality workmanship, finely bevelled , finished and polished with half round bearing edges,varnished inside. Up until about 1964 the shells were 3 ply with rerings of 2 ply----vertical grain in and out.; of European Beech. Sometime during that period, there was at least one solid shell( I have one) ----grain horizontal 5/16", European Beech, no rerings. Surface features on the shell give an indication that it was made in 1956. After 1964 the shells became 5 ply European Beech,vertical inner and outer plys with no rerings. Apparently there were also a few shells of Birch---presumably formulated in the above fashion. I also have one Piccolo snare with a 3 ply birch shell---no rerings. All other German made drum shells,that I have encountered(6 mfg.) are considerably different. Trixon can be confused with no other, not even Sonor, which more resembles a Premier shell(albeit of Beech), than a Trixon shell.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here