Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Anyone have a Trixon flat base HH stand?

My first hat stand was a tubular flat base Trixon stand that I think was from the 60's. I sold it years ago when I was playing in heavy rock bands and started buying double braced Tama hardware. I'm on a lightweight hardware kick and would like to track down another one in good operating condition as I'll be gigging it regularly. Let me know!

Thanks-

Mike

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi. here are some other stands that have flat bases. Premier made some nice ones, with cast steel legs of various designs. The legs tightened with a big wingnut underneath and folded up along the column when undone. They are out there under Premier, Olympic and Beverley names but are basically the same pedal. Some have cast aluminum footboards and some labelled Premier have a black rubberized footboard. They are a little heavier than the Trixon pedal.

There were also some 60's Sonor flatbased stands. Ajax(Boosey&Hawkes) produced a very similar pedal to the Trixon between '67 and '70. It has a hammered blue cast aluminum footboard and spring loaded legs , like Trixon. It is called the Ajax Accelerator. If anything , they are a better stand than Trixon.

Trixon stands(almost always, the ones with the chromed, stamped footboard-not the older TZ 1, with the cast aluminum footboard) ,come up on ebay fairly frequently and usually go for a reasonable price. If I see one I'll send you a message.

Posted on 14 years ago

if you are talking about the one with the big black rubber pad on the foot pedal and the legs on springs that pull out. i have one. all original with some wear and tear but perfect working order.

1969 Sky Blue Pearl Ludwig
12, 13, 16, 22, 14 (supraphonic)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here