Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Anyone Got a Wing Screw 4 THIS MIJ Mnt??

This is the tom mount for my Pearl Bass Drum. The Wing screw, while it does work, is in very very poor shape. Does anyone have a nice wing screw that fits this threading for sale? Doesnt have to be original, just something that looks ok.

I'd consider buying a whole mount with the wing screw if thats all you have. Has to be this exact one tho, so the holes match up.

Thanks!

Retro

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I do have the right wing-screw for this mount....By the way that mount is late 60s M.I.J. found on Star drums and about 50 other names...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Mikey, is that a 8mm wing screw>? Will the 8mm replacement from Gibraltar fit?

Thanks for the info, also.

thanks,

Retro

Posted on 13 years ago

If it's really from Star/Tama, then a 8 mm thread should be the correct one.

(Just try it out, but without using too much strength ;-) ).

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Ralf.

Posted on 13 years ago

Well, just got the Gibraltar 8mm screws today. They do NOT fit!! Well, I'm not really surprised, it was a shot in the dark.

Luckily for me, I swapped one of the really nice, huge wing screws from my Pearl floor tom over to the tom mount. Fits perfectly and works great. Looks fantastic, too. Problem solved!

Posted on 13 years ago

Just to let you ALL KNOW, this mount is found on both Star AND Pearl kits. I am still thinking there was an outsider making some of the hardware, an independent foundry, as I have stated so loudly before. For reference, I have this same mount on Pearl and Star in my own "collection of misfit toys...."

Yeah.....call me "Hermey" the "Dentist"...hehehehhee

reference 1964s "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" if you have no clue......

I'm done.

In case you guys haven't noticed, the last year I have been researching like a mofo.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here