Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

anyone got a 60's yamaha kit in excellent condition you want to part with??

I have always wanted a 1960's vintage yamaha kit in excellent condition!! I know that there were some models which became the recording customs,and some maple kits also!! i was at steve maxwells vintage shop in nyc and they had one that sounded excellent,and it just got me wanting one that much more!!!Not really knowledgeable in the vintage quality japanese stuff,so any help would be appreciated!! I have a 72 sonor set and a early 70's fibes set that i could trade towards it,or just pay good old cash!!!So if any of you guys have a really nice kit,let me know!! Thanks,Andy

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Check the other thread.

Posted on 14 years ago

I think before the YD9000, Yamaha used birth and meranti or something cheap wood shell. I've heard they are really good drums. Some people prefer than YD9000. I don't like YD9000 BTW.

probably Yamaha didn't use maple shell at that time. anyone?

You know until the Maple Custom, Yamaha was famous for the birch shell of YD9000, or Recording Custom.

If your sonor is phonic I'll find old Yamaha kit here in Japan and trade with you. Excited The shipping cost is the biggest problem though.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here