Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Anyone EVER See This Wrap? Crazy Cool!

Can any wrap experts identify who made this one, color name, and when? This is part of a two piece, bass and rack tom, for sale.

Hoops inlays look good. All the original mounting hardware is there. It's got the conselette rail that is long enough for a second mounted tom

Are they worth $80?? I'm considering it....but then I have yet another incomplete kit with no chance of finding that floor tom....

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I am not an expert, so wait for them to confirm this. It looks like a mij stencil drum made by Star. They will want pics of the inside of the drum. It is a cool wrap so the cost I dont know. I can say I just purchased a Star kit 20" bass. 12,13 rack and 16" ft with a nice chrome snare. Snare stand half Slingerland half ludwig. Also a hihat stand and two straight stands. Its wrap is red sparkle and I got it all for 75.00. This (mine) kit is missing all of the bottom hoops and screws and the wrap is not perfect. Just wait yhe real experts will be along soon.

Good day!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 13 years ago

This is actually looks a lot like a wrap the English Rogers kits had in the 60's... I believe there was a thread somewhere about them on DFO.

Posted on 13 years ago

This is an ebay offering listed as Japanese, so most likely a Star. Seeing inside is unlikely, although these drums are a 30 minute drive from me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Drums-20-13-Japan-Glitter-Silver-and-Blue-/350477384459?pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion&hash=item519a147b0b#ht_5527wt_1165

Posted on 13 years ago

Love that wrap,looks to be in great shape,and being complete if it had a an FT I think it would go for at least 250.00,I don't think you could go wrong for 80.00 bux.IMHO.

Posted on 13 years ago

The drums are made by Pearl sold under about 40 or so names..That is a very rare finish to fine even just the bass drum and tom..To come up with a floor tom well lets say if the drum Gods are on your side then maybe you could come up with the missing tom.I have only seen one complete set in 40+ years and it had no snare drum...The set was made from about 1966 to about 1969...I can not recall the color..But if i was you i would get them....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

These are the same as the red sparkle drums posted by JCCabinets-I bet with some skill you could replicate this finish on a regular silver sparkle floor tom by lightly dragging a wide paint brush across the surface.You could even practice with water colors or on a scrap countertop.

Posted on 13 years ago

Spin it fast and shoot it with a squirt gun with blue ink !! :D

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here