Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Any Tricks For Tuning a 3 Ply Snare?

OK. I've got the original wires that were on it. I never actually tried them. And I do have the "snare" head on the bottom.

After further inspection, there are no snare beds. I have a Ludwig maple piccolo snare that also does not have snare beds, but I know these are apples and oranges........

Posted on 13 years ago

6 lug ? 3 ply luan ? I dunno...

I had a similar shell with the Tempro badge. I reinforced between the lug bolts and re-rings with 3/4 inch slats of aluminum. made the shell more rigid. Coupla coats of varnish inside and switched to Olympic center mount lugs. re did the edges and gave them a more pronounced bevel to the outside.12 strand wire set with a slightly shallower bed. Sounded OK after that...

Posted on 13 years ago

I've ran into the same problem of using Puresound snares on these old import drums, with varying results. Now I just stick to the originals if they are in good shape, otherwise I buy a cheap set from Guitar Center. The cheaper ones seem to work better in most cases.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here