Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Any ideas on how to hide a remo logo?

I just put a 60s Sonor logo on a coated white head for my 60s Tear Drop Kit. I put the Remo logo on the bottom (upside down) and the Sonor logo on top. I would like to cover up the Remo logo some how. I have had some ideas thrown at me including white out, paint pens and finger nail polish (which most agree would take the caoting off as well). Does anyone here have an idea on what to do? The head is a little off-white so I don't think white paint or whatever would do it. I was thing maybe a SMALL sticker, but what? The Remo logo is on the bottom, like I said, but will also be behind the anchor I'm using because the old Sonors bd spurs go kinda straight out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Todd

Posted on 17 years ago

just wet a rag with a little acetone and dab it gently until it wipes off. If it's a coated head then I'm not sure it'll work as well though? Good luck.

www.vintageghost.com
Posted on 17 years ago

The acetone unfortunately takes off at least some of the coating and tends to smear the logo into a light grey smudge. A non-coated Remo head however - it comes right off. A small square of white gaffa kinda does the trick (but "kinda" doesn't really sound like what you're after).

David

Posted on 17 years ago

By gaffa I mean duct tape.......

D

Posted on 17 years ago

Actually, it's "gaffer's" tape, not gaffa...a gaffer is a lighting technician in the film industry...the tape is similar, but not the same as duct tape. It's used in studios because it's of a higher quality and doesn't leave gook all over what you put it on...

Regarding the Remo logos, Harry Cangany once discussed an ink remover that he found at stationary stores that would remove the Remo logo without harming the coated head.

Posted on 17 years ago

I stand corrected - always thought "duct tape" was American for gaffa/er tape (the spelling seems to have been corrupted over the years). The entymologist in me can always get hooked in on stuff like this.

D

Posted on 17 years ago

You don't happen to know what the name of the ink remover is do you?

Todd

Posted on 17 years ago

Ive posted in 3 threads tonight with the same answer, GOOF OFF! Goof off will take anything off. Its acetone based with some other chemical cleaners. It took my remo logo right off the coated head. But make sure you blot it off and dont rub, if you rub it will smear it. Depending on how bad you smeared the logo, you may need to buy a new head and start all over again.

-Matt Kinel

Posted on 17 years ago

As an FYI Jack Lawton does this very thing with coated heads, he can remove an existing logo and ink in another logo such as Rogers or whatever you want, and it looks like an original.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here