Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Any Idea Which Company Made This One?

Hi,

For a chance at the Caribbean Cruise and $10,000.00 (just kidding, of course!), can anyone identify this drum and provide an "estimated" date of manufacture?

Also................... that strainer can't possibly be factory-installed, can it?

Hopefully, the WebMaster will post the pic of this one soon.

ANY AND ALL INFORMATION on this snare would be GREATLY appreciated!

THANKS in advance for your help!Help2

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

UMMMMMM ...... geez I hate all of this pressure ....... uhhhhh .. Leedy and .... no wait ..... Tama ... it's a stencil ..... no ........ oh lawd ..... I really want that $10,000!!! Can I just take the door prize please?? Laughing H (Sorry I couldn't help it)

Posted on 16 years ago

The current owner believes that it's a Ludwig, since the interior of the shell matches that of the Ludwig toms in his kit.

I've never seen lugs on a Ludwig snare that look like this. Plus, what Ludwig snare drum came with rim clips?

The prizes are still out there for the taking!Laughing H

Posted on 16 years ago

i'm not up on the real early stuff. but i dont think its ludwig. at least i havent seen that strainer or lugs on a ludwig. but, the 20's and early 30's ludwig nickel over brass snare did have rim clips.brass ones. ive got a 5x14. thats about all i know. somebody will know though!

Posted on 16 years ago

Definitely Japanese...

Posted on 16 years ago

So do I win ???? It is a stencil??? Seriously though, I have seen one very similar to that before and the owner had told me it was an import but I can't rememeber who the manufacturer was. The one I saw was with a set which really looked ALOT like an early Rogers or Slingerland set, but none of the lugs looked like the "real" sets did. I'll be watching this one. I think it's a very cool drum no matter where it came from or who made it. :)

Posted on 16 years ago

The current owner of the drum just emailed me a few more pics of the drum. I'll ask the WebMaster if he could post them for your review.

The gentleman who's currently got this one said I could have it for $80.00, but I know absolutely NOTHING about it.

THANKS for the feedback so far ---- no "winners" as of yet (ha!ha!)Bump

Posted on 16 years ago

It's a $20 stencil import drum from the '60s or '70s. If it were in a cool color it might be worth a bit more.

Posted on 16 years ago

Looks exactly like this Laboz on Ebay...

David

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

OldSchool, The lugs look like Rogers B'n'B.The strainer looks like a pre curser to one made by Camco/Geo. Way.I've read where Rogers early metal shells were straight walled,no reinforcement "ribs" or bead.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here