Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Any idea what this tom is...

...besides junk? :)

I had to take it as part of a deal for something else. The wrap doesn't look quite so bad in person, and I suppose it's too nice to throw in the garbage (barely), so I may put it up on eBay for 99 cents or something - maybe someone can use some parts from it. I'm just curious if anyone has any idea what it is. There was aparently a badge around the vent hole at one time, but it's long gone, and the only identifying mark anywhere on it is the "Japan" on the mount.

Scott

P.S. - It's 13" X 9". Also, if anyone here has any interest in it for any reason, just let me know - no reasonable or unreasonable offer refused!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]A '60's Japanese stencil, either made by Pearl or Star (Tama)...5 or 6-ply luan shells and Slingy-knockoff lugs....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From checker758

P.S. - It's 13" X 9". Also, if anyone here has any interest in it for any reason, just let me know - no reasonable or unreasonable offer refused!

I've got a RB Gretsch kit that would match, though I'd feel quite weird about having it up there. :D

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,

That's definitely a STAR tom. That wrap was in use in the early 70s at STAR

(now: TAMA).

The finish was called 'Gold Satin Flame'. I guess it's nearly impossible to find

someone who might be interested in it due to it's wrap fitting with the rest of any set. - But, if that's the case, it may be worth $ 100 or even more.

Otherwise: a few bucks only... (the bracket is not the original one).

Greetings,

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here