Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Another Rogers Comet Kit

Just picked up another Rogers Comet kit yesterday. They suffered through the 80's by shedding their resonant hoops and heads. Other than that, they are in very good condition. Surprisingly, the resonant bearing edges are in pretty good shape without any nicks. Nothing that a quick/light fine sanding wouldn't address.

12x8 Tower tom - S/N - 11841

14x5 Luxor snare - S/N - 13454

20x14 Tower bass - S/N - 12136

I did notice the bass drum has the older faucet tension rods, but the newer style claws. I'm guessing the bass drum is during the t-rod/claw transition period. Was this around 1967/68? The tom and the snare both have mufflers too. My earlier Tower tom and Luxor snare do not have mufflers.

I've placed an ad in the Wanted section for the parts I need to get this kit back up and running. So if you have any parts available for sale, please let me know.

I'll post more photos as the project progresses.

-Tim

Posted on 9 years ago

Very cool find and even with a hi-hat! And yes, the claws were transitioned beginning in late 67 from what I've seen.

Posted on 9 years ago

Wow! Lots of Rogers threads all at once! Nice find, Tim. I'll be watching to see how they turn out!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 9 years ago

I got the snare done. Thanks to medozart and greenglassdrum for helping me get the Bantam strainer for this drum.

The wrap is literally spotless and the chrome just has some minor pitting. It's got an Evans Power Center Reverse Dot on the top and a Hazy 300 on the bottom with Puresound 20 wires. These Luxor snares are actually pretty loud and the rim shots are awesome.

On to the tom tom next. I wish the seller wouldn't have miss placed the matching 16x16 floor tom. :( I did get the bottom hoop.

-Tim

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here