Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Another "Born Again" Project

I heard the call and I answered. I found this kit begging me to restore her to her better days.

After the success and the enjoyment of completing my Black Londoner I found this kit on Offerup. I took her home where she will be Re-born Again.

A mere $100.00 was a very very very small price to pay.

The wrap is in really bad shape so removed it and need to be replaced. ( i'm agonizing over what wrap to use, any suggestion would be appreciate it. I will have to cut the bearing edge on the open side and locate some more lugs but that should not be a problem. This kit will go to my grandson who has become very found of the black Londoner.

So here it is folks.. there are treasure there just needed to be found.[Attachment: 115043]

[Attachment: 115044]

[Attachment: 115045]

[Attachment: 115046]

[Attachment: 115047]

Posted on 6 years ago

Looks like a fun project. Can't beat $100 for a set of drums. Is the floor tom a Ludwig?

Perhaps your grandson will tell you what color/type of wrap he likes.

Posted on 6 years ago

Yes the FT is a 61' Ludwig. ( No badge but i see the date stamped inside the shell).

My grandson is 13, his wraps choices may not be a wise one. I'd like more of a classic wrap maybe WMP or Black Diamond pearl or a Blue Onyx I have no idea. lol

Posted on 6 years ago

I’m a fan of the black diamond pearl. Good luck with the project. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Posted on 6 years ago

Mr. micro,

I just posted 22 Rogers Beavertail tom lugs in the For Sale Section.

Please let me know if you need some sir.

That new kit will be great.

Thanks

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 6 years ago

Wow, judging from the head on the bass drum this is the rare Rogers Colonel Sanders edition! Suggest sticking with the theme and wrapping those tubs appropriately. :)

[IMG]https://moviewriternyu.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/col-bucket.jpg[/IMG]

Okay, maybe not...

The work you did on the black Londoner kit looks great! Best of luck with this project.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here