Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Another Premiere snare ID question.

Hi..I have just bought at a really silly price a chrome on steel, 14x 5, 8 lug premier snare..I though it might have been newish because of its immaculate condition...but it's marked 9-87 inside and the serial number is 007627 (if that means anything !)

Only when I got it home did I notice that it has cast hoops. So..is it a common model that's been upgraded or something a little more unusual..My interent searches have been fruitless.

The pic attached shows the badge style, the lugs and the throw-off..Any info on the model number appreciated..It sounds great by the way..Thanks in advance..Roger

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

I believe that's a Premier 1005 snare. Solid drum, I love Premiers. I think those hoops are not stock (I'm 95% sure), my guess is the previous owner added them. Premier's die cast hoops are amazing, my favorite version of die casts. They're a bit lower profile, not as heavy and chunky...if that was mine, I'd source a pair of vintage Premier die casts, off a Premier 2000 snare, etc. They're people online who will have them around.

Nice drum, enjoy!

Posted on 6 years ago

Trilok is correct it's a 1005 steel snare with non-standars hoops. The badge puts it at 1987-1994.

Posted on 6 years ago

Thank you both for that information..It's fine drum and will be kept as is - I have two other non-exotic snares and this one is every bit as good as them..Was a nice find for 20 notes..

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here