Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Another No-No....

Again why would you do this....Its on C/L for 50.00.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

VERY NICE! it's amazing what people think is a good ideal DOH

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

That's funny.It's the second time I've seen an American drum with a seriously inferior tom mounting system installed.Last one was a Gretsch with the SAME mount.I can speak from experience,though.My first set was a 60's Kent,with the adjustable knurled tom arm,which when abused,yes by me,would strip.I replaced it with an MIJ banana mount,which was worse adjustment wise,but at least held the toms solid.In my youth I was more concerned with functionality than originality.

What I really like is when drums are put together with hardware that isn't even drum related,like plumbing pipes or furniture parts.

I'd also like to state that now adays,I don't consider that particular mount inferior.Just not up to rigorous abuse.

Posted on 13 years ago

That'll buff out.

Posted on 13 years ago

I've been working in a new/ used drum shop since May 2004. The number of cheap, crappy vintage Japanese parts I have seen installed on nice, vintage American drums is astounding. My favorite part, though, is the ones that are the most crudely installed- crooked, uneven, rough holes, extra holes, etc etc. It never ceases to amaze me.

Posted on 13 years ago

How many snares have you seen where they used shoelaces for snare string? That always cracks me up.

And,yes,I have seen at least 1 kit where they used an bent elbow piece from a heavy metal railing to mount a tom! Ingenious!Falling Do

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here