Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Another no name blue sparkle snare drum - can you name it?

Been looking on several sites trying to find some lugs similar.

Pretty sure it's made in Japan and has Zola coat inside I think?

The throw off is bent down a bit, would normally be straight up. Looks

like someone didn't like how it originally sat above the height of the rim.

Thanks much!

5 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

It is a Pearl stencil. The lugs and the strainer give it away.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Not sure what Pearl stencil is. Does that mean Pearl made it for another

drum company or that it originally had one of those Pearl stenciled name

logo thing attached?

Thanks again...

Posted on 14 years ago

From Zerek

Not sure what Pearl stencil is. Does that mean Pearl made it for another drum company

Yes. Could have been any one of a dozen or more "brands" but it's really Pearl.

Posted on 14 years ago

Interesting-this is the first stencil I've seen on this site with the same combo of lugs,strainer and tone control as my stencil kit.The tone control knob is not the same as the typical Royce-Whitehall etc.More like a coin than a Pearl knockoff.Also,my drums have zolocoated interiors.Welcome to the "Island of misfit drums".

Posted on 14 years ago

Not a bad sounding snare really and it's 8 lugs at least.

Does your kit need a blue sparkle snare? hee hee

I think I'm going to unload this, I didn't think I would win the bay auction

and I don't really want it.

Posted on 14 years ago

From teverson-sr

Interesting-this is the first stencil I've seen on this site with the same combo of lugs,strainer and tone control as my stencil kit.The tone control knob is not the same as the typical Royce-Whitehall etc.More like a coin than a Pearl knockoff.Also,my drums have zolocoated interiors.Welcome to the "Island of misfit drums".

[COLOR="DarkRed"]What's the stencil name on yours...or does it have one ? I have never come across a Japanese stencil with the interiors finished like that...although I agree it's definitely of that origin....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like Tama Zola coat...doesn't it?

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a couple of stencils that have a similar, but darker coating. And yes, that looks like zola.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, my first thought was Tama style Zola coat as I had a older Imperial Star that had a very similar Zola interior. This Zola coating doesn't look as thick however and you can see a few very faint seems as well. I tensioned it up a bit and played it for awhile and it sounded pretty decent, the tension lugs could use some oil though.

For some reason I simply put down a opening bid on the bay and won it, didn't even think I'd win. I don't even have anything else at this moment in sparkle

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here