Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Another MIJ Frankenkit

Ok. Another local find. Looks like the kit is in some diss-aray. Dirty, missing some lugs and hoops. Certainly not worth the asking price of $200. Looks like the snare could be cleaned up. Seller lists it as a Stewart bass drum, and remo toms, (obviously from the heads). My big questions are.....how old?, and Pearl or Star? I've never seen that style tom mounting, or lugs. I've emailed the seller some questions. Waiting for reply.

Always red or blue sparkle around here!!:mad:

Gretsch Catalina Maples - 22,8,10,12,16 DCB
70's Silvertone - 20,12,14, 14Sn Blue Sparkle
60's No Name MIJ - 20,12,14 Red Sparkle
70's Yamaha (YD?) - 20,12,13,16 Red Ripple
Posted on 13 years ago

Bass and toms appear to be Star, by the badge, which barely visible, and the tom mount system. The lugs look like Pearl lugs...so this could very well be a transition era kit. Or it could be an earlier kit from the 60s, however from these poor pix, I just can't tell for sure anything. Can you get some better pix? And you are certainly correct on the $...I would offer 50, no more tan 75. Te snare is a generic student grade late 70s-80s Pearl. It does not match. See if you can get some better pix. Those would be worth snagging, if they are in otherwise good condition, and you can get them cheap. Other than that, pass.

That badge does not look like it says Stewart. See if he will send you a pic of the badge, that will sort out at least that. The only way I can tell who is by that badge. Again, that appears to be a Star badge, but those lugs are Pearl. And the tom mount, I am uncertain of who it belongs to.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Jonni. Got the pics off his add on a local site. Here's the rest of the pics he has. Not sure if these will help any more. Still waiting for a reply. Will ask for more pics when and if the seller responds.

2 attachments
Gretsch Catalina Maples - 22,8,10,12,16 DCB
70's Silvertone - 20,12,14, 14Sn Blue Sparkle
60's No Name MIJ - 20,12,14 Red Sparkle
70's Yamaha (YD?) - 20,12,13,16 Red Ripple
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here