Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Another Bollero

Here's a Bollero kit that I just picked up, though the floor actually has Pearl on the leg mounts. The wrap is red oyster pearl and in quite good shape. the rims are the faux stick saver type. The bass drum needs some work, but i needed a project to keep me busy. I haven't started cleaning yet, but I did throw coated Ambs on the the tom & floor and they have a nice deep tone. The funny thing is that I actually got an offer on them (once they are restored) an hour after coming home with them this evening!

4 attachments
1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

From funkypoodle

Here's a Bollero kit that I just picked up, though the floor actually has Pearl on the leg mounts. The wrap is red oyster pearl and in quite good shape. the rims are the faux stick saver type. The bass drum needs some work, but i needed a project to keep me busy. I haven't started cleaning yet, but I did throw coated Ambs on the the tom & floor and they have a nice deep tone. The funny thing is that I actually got an offer on them (once they are restored) an hour after coming home with them this evening!

LOL ! So you snagged it up eh ? I was surprised nobody did up until now.. I almost got on that kit, but decided to pass..The price was lower than the original seller was selling them, at $135 this time around ..

Good deal..Hope you enjoy them, and let us know how they sound..;)

Posted on 8 years ago

That first picture is magic. Neat wrap, different. Very cool!

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago

From human71

LOL ! So you snagged it up eh ? I was surprised nobody did up until now.. I almost got on that kit, but decided to pass..The price was lower than the original seller was selling them, at $135 this time around ..Good deal..Hope you enjoy them, and let us know how they sound..;)

Hey Human! Yeah, I couldn't just leave it there....poor thing! I actually paid a little bit less than that. I have the toms & snare up and running and they sound really nice and deep, are tunable & the tuning stays put, which isn't always the case with MIJ kits. The kick needs parts and work, but the last 2 Bollero kits I owned had the same 3 ply shells w/ 3 rerings in the kick and they both sounded big.

Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Posted on 8 years ago

love that wrap!

Posted on 8 years ago

Thats a really nice looking wrap. Wow.

Posted on 8 years ago

Still finishing up the Bollero, but she is coming along well. A really great sounding kit that I will be sad to see go. PS: The Ludwig reso head is all I had kicking around. I was thinking that I might just leave it on there and add a question mark after it just for laughs.

4 attachments
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Posted on 8 years ago

From funkypoodle

Still finishing up the Bollero, but she is coming along well. A really great sounding kit that I will be sad to see go. PS: The Ludwig reso head is all I had kicking around. I was thinking that I might just leave it on there and add a question mark after it just for laughs.

Now come on!! Don't go ruining a perfectly good Luddy BD reso just for the sake of a laugh. Somebody with a Luddy needing that would be discouraged and frustrated.

If I were you, that kit would be a very strong candidate as a potential keeper. Such a rare color - with matching snare, looking to be very clean.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Your 'third' Bollero kit, and you've not come to me for a logo yet... fellow Canadian, and MIJ enthusiast?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251443877143?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I don't think that I've sold ONE of these suckers yet - have had a notice on my listing, (for months) suggesting I revise my listing as there have been no sales in the last 16 months. I'm relying on you guys to help keep this logo venture afloat, and if things aren't selling...

Very nice looking kit by the way, (deserves it's own identity, don't you think?)

1 attachments
LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 8 years ago

From DaddyNowhere

Your 'third' Bollero kit, and you've not come to me for a logo yet... fellow Canadian, and MIJ enthusiast?http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251443877143?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649I don't think that I've sold ONE of these suckers yet - have had a notice on my listing, (for months) suggesting I revise my listing as there have been no sales in the last 16 months. I'm relying on you guys to help keep this logo venture afloat, and if things aren't selling...Very nice looking kit by the way, (deserves it's own identity, don't you think?)

Here here!! +1

We have a treasure in this venture and certainly need to support it if a lack of sales is threatening to shut it down!

I highly recommend these as they are great quality and this venture has been exclusive - don't think we can get these logos from anywhere else in the entire world!

Please support this and buy some for your vintage MIJs.....more than one per kit, as that reso head may not last forever!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here