Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Another badge question

Hey all. I'm installing replacement badges in my 60s Ludwig kit. I got the parts from the hardware store and made a badge installer tool and it worked great - so far I've only put one of the badges on, and before I go any further I have a question:

How can I prevent the badge (these are keystone badges I'm talking about here) from sticking out around the edges when I tighten down the grommet?

As soon as I get the grommet tight enough to hold the badge in place and unable to move around, the pressure from the grommet on the middle of the badge makes the badge concave a little, thus making the edges raise off of the drum. It is securely in place and I can't move it, but the edges are sticking up a little bit off the drum and I'm worried they will snag easily.

Anyone know a trick for this? I followed a tutorial and pre-curved the badge slightly to fit the curve of the drum, but perhaps I should curve it a little more?

Any advice you guys can give would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------------
"I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor."
Posted on 12 years ago

You may be tightening them a bit too much. After all, Ludwig badges were not exactly skin tight, & many would move,(though not lose enough to rattle). I've also read that Ludwig would slightly crimp their badges down the middle, c. '62-63 ( why they discontinued this is never reported).

Posted on 12 years ago

ive run into that. just put something behone the badge that is round and fits it well. just make it a little more round that you have it now.should lay down just fine. good luck!

mike

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here