Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Another Arbiter Autotune 5pce in my collection

Just bought this kit. I have another one exactly the same but not in the same condition. It has all original hardware plus all original drum heads top/bottom even snare head is an arbiter. The bass drum batter non original so is snare batter head. Have a look at the pics. Please note that on pics some fine tuning screws are missing, i have all the screws they were just taken out. Also this one is first gen and has the metal rollers the other has the black plastic blocks.

Posted on 7 years ago

Another beautiful set, Sean!!

How many sets do you own now? You have been posting some amazing set as of late...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 7 years ago

Ive got a lot of sets. But as you know im not a collector. Im the guy that gets them into the best original state i can and then sell on. Some of the kits and snares i own have come cheap, some ive paid out a few hundred quid. The arbiters just have that space age some where in the future look. But most of us me included still like lugs etc etc. The only draw back on the arbiter is the weight. I will weigh each drum so you can compare to the usual drum we all love. Ludwig Premier Slingerland Gretsch Tama Yamaha and the list goes on. This particular set comes from Max Beesley snr a very good friend of mine. A last note on these they are absolutely LOUD.

Posted on 7 years ago

I've wanted to hear one of these kits, they're so odd and cool that if I owned one I'd probably gig with it. What year is this kit? It's outfitted with 60s Rogers Swivo hardware all around, and a Rogers strainer.

Vintage kits:
1969 Rogers Holiday - black diamond pearl (20/16/13/12)
196x Star (Lyra/Majestic) - blue sparkle pearl (22/14/13) Restoration Project
1987 Pearl KC-3500 - jet black (22/16/13/12)
Not-so-vintage kits:
2007 Hart Dynamics Professional 6.4 e-kit / Roland TDW-20
Snares:
60s Gretsch 5x14 maple WMP / 68 Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic / 93 Pearl 3x14 Free Floating brass piccolo / 60s Star (Lyra) 5x14 luan blue sparkle pearl / 87 Pearl 6.5x14 steel
Posted on 7 years ago

When ivor arbitor launched the arbiter autotune it was 1975 basically when he pulled out from hayman drums. The early ones like this one was fitted all round with the rogers hardware apparently only 1000 were produced. It also has the metal rollers under the hoops as opposed to the plastic guides under the hoops on the later ones. So i have 2 autotunes this was the first one the next one i have came after this. They do sound great. Even abbas drummers live in australia 1977 used the exact same drums. Just didnt take off in the drumming world. The other autotune i have was fitted with premier lokfast tom mount system. I will show pics of these stripped down to shells showing the rollers plus in the bass drum top to bottom is a steady chromed up tube. A real great talking piece set up in your home. Lastly has original ratchet to do all the one stop tuning.

Posted on 7 years ago

Here are some pics of the snare drum cleaned. All rollers have been greased and overhauled. This is the first run of Arbiter Autotune drums 1975. They then started to replace the rollers with black plastic blocks. The drums with the rollers are worth more and are more collectable. Most people have the drums with the plastic blocks. The other Arbiter Autotune drum kit i have has the later black plastic blocks.

Posted on 7 years ago

Here are a few more pics. As i get through the various drums ill post pics. Have a look at the great piece of engineered snare stand which will auto tilt with a spin.

Posted on 7 years ago

Gosh ! How cool these are... such a curiosity. Sean - is the exterior a paint? It looks durable and tough like an enamel finish. Wow. I love the badge, can we see a close up of that?

One other thing is who makes that snare stand. Never have seen one of those before.

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 7 years ago

Here is close up of badges. The first one is from snare drum the other is what is put on all the other drums. The snare drum badge on the 5x14 is smaller to fit. The snare stand is the original stand Ivor Arbitor designed. It bolts to snare drum in 3 places. It was way ahead of its time and is solid steel. I must get a vid to show the tilt system. The 5x14 snare drum was a special order. If you bought a kit then the standard was the 6x14 snare drum. As for the colours they only produced them in white black and yellow. The method of colouring the shell im not sure. The air vent is big and deep help in with a big clip. The hole is 1/2"diameter. Every thing about Arbiter drums is big heavy solid with lots of money spent on production. One example of weight the 12x9 weighs just under 6kg.

Posted on 7 years ago

Wow, so cool. Thanks!

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here