Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Another 60's M.I.J. badge thats new to me

Another one to add to the list.TrueTone badge its looks to be made by Star..Late 60's..Its on goodwill's site.But the bid is higher than i want to go....Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

I haven't seen that badge either but, by the looks of the strainer ( identical to my Supremes and Tempos) I'd say it was a Star as well.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago

TrueTone was sold by Western Auto vaiety stores in the 60s and early 70s.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 12 years ago

Yes; Truetone was a well known dept. store brand here in Canada. Mostly for Golf Clubs, Baseball gloves, footballs and Hockey skates ,though--- I seem to recall; Camping tents as well. Why, you could just load up your Ford Fairlane Station Wagon with all your TrueTone gear, drums included. Impress your friends at the club or wow the gals around the campfire, maybe even toss the pigskin around with the chaps. Nothing like a set of drums after a day of vigorous play to help you all relax and enjoy the twilight hours. Perhaps one of the gang might even bring along a Kazoo!

Posted on 12 years ago

I think one of the Hanson Bros played those drums!!!! How kool is that,Yeh...?

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here