Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

An old Carlton kit

I've got my eye on these which are currently in an online auction. I've checked the catalogs here but this looks like a smaller bass drum than the ones in the catalogs. The owner says it's about 60cm so it's either 23" or 24" I guess. Anyone know much about these? It's not a lot of money at the equivilent of $20 (although it's bound to go up before the bidding closes) but probably only really useful for a cool display. Andrew

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 14 years ago

From Fayray

I've got my eye on these which are currently in an online auction. I've checked the catalogs here but this looks like a smaller bass drum than the ones in the catalogs. The owner says it's about 60cm so it's either 23" or 24" I guess. Anyone know much about these? It's not a lot of money at the equivilent of $20 (although it's bound to go up before the bidding closes) but probably only really useful for a cool display. Andrew

I would date this set from the 1920s-30s..The japanese mounted tom dates the set to me..The tacks holding on the heads to the tom would put that drum in the 20s-30s.You know the bass and snare may sound good but i just don't know much about Carlton drums..What wood the shells are made of ete..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Well since Carlton didn't start till 1935, I would date it from then to 1937 or so. They still were selling Chinese toms in 30s

Fayray did you get this kit, I would be intested in the traps table

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Capt. No, I didn't get the kit. It went for a bit more than i could spare in the end plus the seller wouldn't ship, so despite being a pretty small country it would have still meant an 8hr round trip to collect. For the record, it sold for $315 NZ dollars or around $250US.

Andrew

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here