Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

American Custom Drums and Gretsch?

Anyone ever hear of a company 15-20 years ago called American Custom Drums. I picked up a kit and it has a badge on the top with the name, about 3 x 5 inch badge. According to the person I bought them from, they were custom made. Got them with cymbals and a Gretsch snare Model 4175 and serial number 13266 The snare looks like its 4 x 14??? Any help would be appreciated.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW,Do i have a story about "American Custom" drums..But i will keep it short..The drums were made in the 70s[1972-1976] by west coast drums [now in santa ana,ca]--the drums were 9ply shells,The name badges are silver with black handwriting reading A.C...All the parts were inported from japan,and put together at west coast drums..Infact the A.C. name came from the man who stated W.C.D. back in the 50s his name was woody cooper.West coast drums name was Cooper drums when the shop was started..Boy I can go on and on i will next time....Oh the drums sound pretty good for what they are....mike

Posted on 15 years ago

Mikey, boy did you nail it! These drums look Japanese by the hardware, but the weird thing is, except for some extra holes, the shells are thick! Which made me question import or not. The guy I bought them from said they were custom made, but know thanks to you I know more. It's a little bop kit 18, 12 and 14, but the real beauty was the snare, a Gretsch, although rewrapped, all original, save for a few scratches. Give me more info if you've got it.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here