Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Amazing find or not really?

Hello Vintage Drum lovers. I hope to receive some insight and advice on my latest find. It's a yellow sparkle Trova kit with additional toms from Tacton; currently in Berlin.

I found these beautiful drums in an attic. The owner was apparently a professional drummer.

My favorite part about this kit is the original Trova resonant head on the kick.

The snare and kick also came with these army style bags.

Can anyone tell me more about the age, model and value of this kit?

Posted on 5 years ago

Awesome find, don't know much about these drums but they look like they will be sexy when cleaned up. Full kit too, Nice.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 5 years ago

East Germany, no later than early 1970s, I think. Value... really depends. These drums from Soviet bloc aren't universally sought after, but the right person might pay a decent price. Expect nothing crazy, though. Probably slightly less than comparable kit from the West.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 5 years ago

This TROWA model was produced from 1954 to first half of 1959.

It's very rare now. This set have aluminium lugs with square nuts. East German engineers created a difficult process to nickel coating on aluminium.

I have a next generation kit from end of 1959 with new short teardrop lugs from ZAC alloy with Ni-coating.

All the brackets and holders are the same as this set.

Can you put more photo from different positions and full set in assembly?

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 5 years ago

Do the Tacton`s smell inside ?

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

Father 42, Thanks so much for that info, I really appreciate it.

These are the only extra pictures I have atm(I'm in South Africa). Would love to see your own kit as well...

Do you have any catalogue pictures of this kit...How do you know so much George?!

Regards

3 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

Hi Lucky,

I have no catalogues on any Weißenfels drums. During 40 years a bunch of these drums different models were exported to USSR.

As I can see at pics your Tacton toms have triangle lugs that tell us about 1970 -1984.

Tacton toms holder is the same age. Toms shells can be produced as 3-ply beech with beech re-rings or as cheap 6 mm "school version" from bakelized cellulose which have a terrible smell from born to death...

No ways to identify bongos on that pic.

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 5 years ago

From Lucky Drummer

Hello Vintage Drum lovers. I hope to receive some insight and advice on my latest find. It's a yellow sparkle Trova kit with additional toms from Tacton; currently in Berlin.I found these beautiful drums in an attic. The owner was apparently a professional drummer. My favorite part about this kit is the original Trova resonant head on the kick. The snare and kick also came with these army style bags. Can anyone tell me more about the age, model and value of this kit?

Hello! Are the drums sold or not?

Trowa "AQUA MOIRE" 20 14s 13 14
Trowa "RED MOIRE" 20 14s 13 14
Trowa "Dunkelrot Perloid"20 14.23s 13 17.5
Trowa "Regenbogen"20 14s 13 16 6 8 10 10
Tacton "RED MOIRE"20 14s 13 16
Amati "Pouštní písek" 20 14s 12 12 16
Amati "Red Sparkle" 20 14s 12 16
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here