Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Alternative To Factory/Replacement Drum Wrap!

66th

My set is Pearl from the early 80's. I recently added an 8x10 and an 8x7 toms. The original wrap is in great condition as the set hasn't been out of the house that much in 33 years. The toms I bought needed wrap to match I could not find the right wrap. I wound up using vinyl sign lettering material. I covered the vinyl material with clear plastic to make it more durable and to limit the ripples I was getting when tensioning the heads. All in allI am very satisfied. Just thought I would pass this along. Please excuse the dust on the bass drum. The 2 drums are the small ones on the right.

[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/rahtreelimbs/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-07/20170701_154935.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 7 years ago

Nice job matching the color. Where did you get the clear plastic? How thick is it? I've been looking for clear plastic in large sheets to make my own wrap by painting on the reverse side.

Mike

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 7 years ago

From mchair303

Nice job matching the color. Where did you get the clear plastic? How thick is it? I've been looking for clear plastic in large sheets to make my own wrap by painting on the reverse side.Mike

I got the clear plastic at a craft store in my area called Pat Katan's

The plastic is .010" thick.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here