Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Ajax drums, should I buy?

I have an opportunity to buy a 1950's 4 pc. Ajax drum set. 24",16",13" and a 5x14" snare in white marine pearl. It looks in very good shape and has some old hardware and cymbals. I know nothing about this brand but they look niece.

Any advice about them out there? Looks like I can get them for about $900

Posted on 15 years ago

You can find information regarding Ajax drums on several drum sites. I happened to pick up a complete set in "near mint" condition some years ago for $250.00. I only purchased it because I happened to like the unique looks of the "bullet" lugs. The company was based in England. I personally would NEVER pay $900 for an Ajax kit, but that's simply my opinion. For that kind of money you can obtain a vintage AMERICAN-MADE kit, which would definitely have more resale value. Just my thoughts!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]OldSchool, you got a STEAL on those....probably because it wasn't a very recognizable name-brand. Nice nab.

$900 is a tad high....if you are doing a face-to-face deal, try to talk the seller down to around $750-800.

Of course, if the cymbals and stands are included....tell us what those are (particularly mfr. of the cymbals) because if they are good vintage cymbals they may be worth about $300 or so just by themselves, in which case...$900 isn't that bad of a take.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here