Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Age and Value of Rogers Drums

Does anyone know how old and how much these Rogers drums are worth?

The tag was introduced in 1976. There are pictures of the drums/cases/& hardware at this site.

Thanks.

band2

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

The floor tom mounts indicate a later year, after '79 I think. First Big R's (1976) had same ft mount as swivo. Clear interiors indicate an XP-8 shells, also indicating 79-80 or later. Some of the best Rogers made. Just yesterday sold a 4 piece of XP-8's in blue mist for $600, and was later told that could be low. Smallest toms might have Ludwig lugs.

I bought a different finish as 1976 7 piece (12-13-14-15-16-22+ metal dyna snare) with fiber cases and hardware for $750 last year. Had less popular Koa finish, so less competition bidding I think. Fair amount of black available. Not very knowledgable for Ludwig snares.

Suspect the cases cost almost as much as the drums...

Posted on 17 years ago

ACtually, they came out with that badge in 1975 because I have the check I wrote in December of 1974 when I ordered mine...thought I was getting a Swiv-O-Matic kit, but they sent the MemriLoc stuff instead. The XP-8s came out later and were considered by some to be Rogers best sounding shells of all.

The black wrap that Rogers used during that period was akin to counter-top material and is really durable. It also has a "richer" black sheen to it and is one of the nicest black finishes, in my opinion.

Those drums were obviously well-cared for and I would put them at the high end of Rogers Big R collectors. The chrome was kind of flaky in those days, but yours appears to be in nice shape.

That is an extremely complete set...the problem is that big sets seem to be less practical by today's standards and may be more difficult to sell for that reason. But I would say that $2000 would be reasonable. They might go for a lot more than that to the right bidder.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you both for you replies.Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

Didn't realize you lived in Seattle area. I'm in Redmond. Good luck with the sale.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here