Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Advice..?

I'll have some pics up soon, but I own a rogers big r kit in a black gloss finish, and the wrap looks GROSS on this thing..It has nicks all over it, and In general it's just...nasty..Re-wrap suggestions?

Also, I was considering drilling small holes for a cymbal arm attached to the bass drum just for convenience, and because they look sweet. What do you guys think?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

_nemo

Ba-Dum..CRASH!

1966 Slingerland "Modern Jazz Outfit"
1960's Zildjian Avedis Cymbals

www.myspace.com/oliverandtheattackofthelovely
Posted on 15 years ago

From nemo007

I'll have some pics up soon, but I own a rogers big r kit in a black gloss finish, and the wrap looks GROSS on this thing..It has nicks all over it, and In general it's just...nasty..Re-wrap suggestions?Also, I was considering drilling small holes for a cymbal arm attached to the bass drum just for convenience, and because they look sweet. What do you guys think?Any input is appreciated, thanks!_nemo

Hello, If the wrap is GROSS i would remove it,Take a heat gun and re-move the wrap..you will have a nice maple shell after that..I would not re-wrap again[in plastics,pearls,ete] i would re-move the glue sand the shell, and paint it[have a car painter do it] so many colors to pick from....I have done this to a few rogers sets over the years..mikey

Posted on 15 years ago

There are so many Rogers afficianados out there I'd be more inclined to try and sell it complete and unaltered as it is (thus not messing with the price) and look at getting something with a better wrap and the cymbal arm you want (probably something older). Or even a swap....

Even if the black gloss wrap is beaten up, there are people prepared to have a serious shot at it with various grades of Novus to make it all better.

Unless the wrap is really seriously, seriously shot, changing it will drop the kit value immensely - food for thought.

Posted on 15 years ago

Wow, I guess I had never thought about it before.

Because the guy sold me the set for 125$, you think I could get 400$

out of it? Maybe with that and my savings I could get a nice powertone set?

Ba-Dum..CRASH!

1966 Slingerland "Modern Jazz Outfit"
1960's Zildjian Avedis Cymbals

www.myspace.com/oliverandtheattackofthelovely
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here