Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Advice on selling my 73 Slings w/ concert toms

So I've been trying to sell this kit for a long time , and I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on any hidden markets or if concert toms are really that unpopular. Perhaps I'm asking too much , but some of the guys here gave me an estimated worth of 8/850 and I'm selling for 600 , haggling down to 550, what am I doing wrong? Do I really need to re-head them? I figured dropping the price from the 700 range more than covered new heads all around.

Any advice?

I tried ebay once with no luck , and have been on local and Portland craigslists , I've gotten some response yet no real buyers couple of guy here and there , one who was gonna buy them till his wife found out and vetoed the purchase.

Anyway just hoping for some advice on selling these drums.

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=5355

[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/slaphappydrums/slingerland2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 16 years ago

Concert tom sets are a tough sell. Add to that the crack on the finish on the floor tom, and as a set, it would be hard to get more than a few hundred.

For nice compete sets, I wouldn't recommend this, but it makes sense on yours...to maximize $$, sell the drums individually.

You could get $150-200 for the snare, the same for the bass, another $25+ for the tom holder, $50-175 each for the toms, and some more for the stands.

Posted on 16 years ago

Oye , I'd hoped to avoid that.

Posted on 15 years ago

It just seems like a shame to break up the kit.

Also , would re-heading with calfskin give me any added market value? Make it any more likely to sell?

Posted on 15 years ago

From SlapHappyDrums

It just seems like a shame to break up the kit.Also , would re-heading with calfskin give me any added market value? Make it any more likely to sell?

Those drums would never have had calf...so I don't see why you'd put calf on them now, Re-heading them would cost a fortune and not increase the value.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here