Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Adrian Kirchler New snare design

this is a New Snare design by the one and Only Adrian Kirchler!

Two piece copper shell, etc... but drum-p-2860.html[/url]

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Interesting.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I saw something similar also when searching silk wire wound snares for O-Lugs and ran across this except it was called a Damion Reid snare. Designer?

http://mikedolbear.co.uk/story.asp?StoryID=2298

Posted on 14 years ago

I like it because it's different and I am always hungry to feed my mind with new ideas.

As far as this design making a major difference in sound/performance? Well, I don't think it will be that big of a deal. It's just cool for cool's sake -and that's fine!

There was another designer (Gaither) who had built a snare drum that had an internal "hub" and "spokes" that enables the tension that would otherwise be placed on the shell, to be freed and the strain redirected to the internal hub via the spokes. It was really a genius idea as to the question of taking the tension off the shell. But, it never caught on. Maybe it was a matter of -"much ado about nothing".

A Supra and an Acrolite sound like snare drums to me. I can't imagine any other snare drums sounding noticeably "better"(in my mind). But, like I say, I love looking at "solutions" -whether there was ever a "problem" to be solved to begin with, or not!

Adrian Kirchler is obviously an artist. I look at his work the same way I would look at a modern sculptor's work -beautiful and unattainably-expensive (for me!).

I admire things like this.Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks! I really like the sound of the KIT he is playing with that snare drum, but the snare drum, itself, is kind of too dry and tight by comparison. I don't think it has an open enough sound to attract me to it. However, I think it sounded very appropriate for the rudimental stuff the drummer was playing at the beginning. It seems very articulate the way orchestral snare drums often sound.

So, based on that one sound sample, I would rate it 5 out of 5 for orchestral use and about a 2.5 out of 5 for drum set application.

I give a 5 out of 5 for the rest of the drum set sound!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here