Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Adhesive for badges

What would be a good adhesive for a '50s Chicago brass oval Slingerland badge being placed on white marine pearl finish? Did they even use adhesives in the '50s? Would something like crazy glue or loktite work?

Thanks!

Current playing kit: '76 Ludwig Big Beat - White Cortex, 12/13/16/22 Hercules snare & cymbal stands, Atlas 1124 hi-hat. Zildjian Armand Series cymbals - 14" hats, 18" med. thin crash, 16" thin crash, 10" splash & 21" medium ride.

Current projects
:
1969 Ludwig Downbeat - Silver Sparkle just toms and bass, 12/14/20
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't believe that Slingerland glued theirs on... just the grommet.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

I don't believe that Slingerland glued theirs on... just the grommet.

correct -a -mundo!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

if you have to or really want to use some adhesive,try this...

when i used to re-wrap drums at the co. i used to work for,i got my hands of some dbl sided tape for drum wrap.

no one likes to use this stuff on wraps,but for my personal side work-i used it for badges.this in addition to the gromment works perfectly.

mainly for badges that may be a little bent,adhesive on the badge isn't good or gone. or when the airvent hole is a little bigger than i should be (mainly due to someone trying to take it off and they end up damaging the vent hole)

and it helps the badge not to move or rattle.

i just cut it to shape and bang zoom...your good to go.i have friends who i done re-wraps for up to 7 yrs ago,and they have had no problems or movement from the badge.

http://www.drummerfish.weebly.com for drum parts, drum promos , swag, promo media and more for sale
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the info. The badge I just acquired looks like it a little bit of tape on both sides of the vent hole. I will try the double sided tape for some extra holding.

Current playing kit: '76 Ludwig Big Beat - White Cortex, 12/13/16/22 Hercules snare & cymbal stands, Atlas 1124 hi-hat. Zildjian Armand Series cymbals - 14" hats, 18" med. thin crash, 16" thin crash, 10" splash & 21" medium ride.

Current projects
:
1969 Ludwig Downbeat - Silver Sparkle just toms and bass, 12/14/20
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here