Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Acrolite Information, photos

I'm on the hunt for Acrolite photos of complete drums for a web site I'm working on. I prefer neutral backgrounds if any one wants to help out.

Also, I'm no longer calling the first Acro that everyone calls the "Prototype" that name anymore.

I will be calling it the "First Generation" because a prototype is usually one or two original versions that were made to be the model for future production.

If this is the case then Ludwig would have not put the drum in publications and in catalogs. I have two examples, the 1962 Ludwig Drummer and the 1963 New Products catalog both showing the drum with the orange peel finish.

I think the "First Generation" Acro with the orange peel finish has now seen many examples. Enough to say it is not a prototype but a limited edition first run.

This first Acro had a pre-serial number keystone.

I'm looking for a photo of the anodized aluminum Acro without a serial number. This would be the beginning of the second generation shells.

Then the serial number keystones are next in line, but the same shells.

If anyone wants to add/correct or make some other statements, please do and add it to this post.

Thanks

David

Posted on 15 years ago

The first generation acrolite was also not a seamless spun shell like later versions. I've always said that the term prototype was missused on those drums.....prototype means one and only....there are way to many of these to be considered prototypes. Test marketing yes, prototypes no.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey guys/gals and drummers! Hurting

I got two forum members that got me some drum photos!. Thanks!

Here is what I could really use for the web sites.

1. "First Generation" Acrolite Photos. (Formely called Protoype) but there are three or four on Ebay currently :) I do not like to take photos without permission. Here is what I need for the photos - drum, finish, badge, strainer, interior shots, tone control.

2. I need a second generation Acro with pre serial number keystone and the Aluminum Anodized Shell.. Same photos as above.

3. Badge Shot - Non Serial Number B/O

4. Badge Shot - Cut B/O (bottom section cut by Ludwig)

5. The new B/W Ludwig Badge on the current Black Galaxy.

I prefer original photos and larger if possible.

Thanks and you can email to [EMAIL="vsd@vintagedrumguide.com"]vsd@vintagedrumguide.com[/EMAIL]

Also tell me the site credit you want.

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here