Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Acrolite Clarification

So I picked up a B&O badged Acrolite.. Posted about it in the restoration section. It needed some TLC but cleaned up quite nice. All four corners of the badge are round.. I guess this was a 79-83? thing? The serial is 305,xxx. It has a smooth blue/grey coating over the metal shell. I've seen similar drums,same badge, with a more rough/textured blue/grey finish over the shell. How does it all fit together in this time period? Trying to narrow the age of the drum.

Also - It's missing the screw that goes just above the muffle adjustment. Any idea what exactly goes there? I'd like to take care of that. I have a bunch of parts!! Maybe I have what I need.. Thanks and have a Happy Holiday Season!!

Posted on 17 years ago

The little Philips-head chrome steel screw that goes above the muffler is the screw that holds the muffler's armature to the shell.

You're in the ballpark of 79-83 in terms of age. Ludwig did use a couple different finishes on the Acrolite -all of them grey...until later when the so-called "Blackrolites" appeared.

Geez! Five bucks for an Acrolite is a great deal! I know how you feel to be "bitten" by the vintage drum collecting bug. Good luck!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks O-Lugs... So it's a phillips head screw? Washer and nut on the inside?

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, Philips head and a small flat washer on the outside and one of those gear-like lockwashers and hex nut on the inside.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

$5.00?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GEESH! What a steal! I bought a 1974 Acrolite and paid $125. Granted it is in pristine shape, though. Out of the four snares I have, it's my favorite. I have a '58 WFL, 1970 Superphonic, 1974 Acrolite and a 2000 Mapex Basswood.

Dan
www.thebadmojoband.com
www.myspace/badmojoblues.com
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here