Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Acro - Redo Part 1

Due to the increase in acro prices I decide to un-earth this beauty. Worse then most because the person also left the lugs on and painted over the lug edge. A spot check on the shell and the paint comes off with some work.

It was $75 with the case and stand on a BIN. I figured I can sell the case and stand and the drum only cost about $40.

Let's see 10 hours of labor at a respective $15 per hour the drum actually cost me over $150!!! I better work on finishing it in an hour or so.

All in good fun and I will update with the progress.

David

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Burl veneer!! . . . . BURL VENEER!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted on 18 years ago

were these originally an aluminum color?

i think i have one of these in my basement, except someone put stickers all over the shell... would it be worth fixing up? are they sought after?

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

were these originally an aluminum color?i think i have one of these in my basement, except someone put stickers all over the shell... would it be worth fixing up? are they sought after?

Yes they were aluminum, gray, and now black speckle.

They range in price depending on the year. The one above usually sells for between $75 and $125. You used to be able to get them for $50.

The older ones are going for more money.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Are you going to use a chemical solvent to take off the paint? I menton it because the wife and I recently stripped all the woodwork in our living room with this stuff called "Ready-Strip" and it is totally non-toxic and worked really well to remove the old glossy white enamel that was coating everything. Just curious as to how you will approach the refinishing.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

I have not decided yet. I did try a section with Goof Off, but the smell and time will not be lucrative to my brain cells.

Is the ready strip a white paste?

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here