Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

About shipping 28" bass drum

Hello,

I'm in some negotiations with an American seller of a 28" marching bass drum.

Next to the price of the bass drum, I need to pay USD 375 more to ship to this huge bass drum to Belgium.

Is this a correct price?

I thought I read somewhere USD 98 should be enough for shipping a 28" bass drum.

Please help me with an answer. Maybe is there a person here who have some experiences with this situation.

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

I bet it is close to the cost he is giving you. I shipped a 22" 3 states away, and the cost was $96. Size is the kicker, and with a drum that large, it would have to go freight.

Posted on 13 years ago

I can't ship a 28" to California for $98.......even Greyhound I think!

$345 sounds right........or maybe even cheap!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

From bbluigi

Hello,I'm in some negotiations with an American seller of a 28" marching bass drum.Next to the price of the bass drum, I need to pay USD 375 more to ship to this huge bass drum to Belgium.Is this a correct price?I thought I read somewhere USD 98 should be enough for shipping a 28" bass drum.Please help me with an answer. Maybe is there a person here who have some experiences with this situation.Thanks!

Yes 375.00 is right on the shipping this drum to you..Do to the size it's to big to ship by the post office...Seller maybe is useing Fed-x or U.P.S to ship the drum..By the way i shipped a 28" bass drum to Germany about 2 years ago it cost right at 300.00.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

I don't know if this will save you money, have you tried LCL (Less than container load) steamship lines. You may have to have it well packed for the shipment. Where does it originate in the States and where is the final destination?

Did you buy that Mahogany Duraplastic bass?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here