Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

A What'sit Whodo 20" Bass Drum

OK, Here it is... So who built this poor old thing. A yard sale find from a few months ago. Somebody stripped off the wrap. Yes, I put gutter spikes in the ole girl to give her some spurs back. Hey, at least the old gal can stand straight now!

Any ideas who made this? Anybody need it? Sounds like good trade material here... ;)

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

If those are the original backing plates inside, I'd vote for an import or stencil..

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

If those are the original backing plates inside, I'd vote for an import or stencil..

Hi from Central Cali. Yeah BBK, I'm positive it's a MIJ drum...

Just has the look, ya know?

Could be wrong, but don't think so.

Thanks!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, no mistake about it, MIJ, but never seen those lugs. I love it, I just ain't got no money...

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From fishwaltz

Hi from Central Cali.

Whereabouts??

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

Whereabouts??

Near Fresno

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]....e-mail sent !.... if you wanna unload 'er.....I am in need of a misc. bass drum to complete a project.....Jonni's got it...an MIJ...vertical-grain Luan shell.

those lugs are unusual, I agree...sorta like a cross between Luddy Classics and Rogers B'tails or sumthin'....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

It's a mid 60's M.I.J. shell by pearl the name it sold under in the U.S. is Karen..I have seen and had a set years ago,3 or 5 ply shell with rings, you got to love the single screw to hold on the lugs to the shell.....I still have a set of lugs for the bass and the small size ones used on toms and snare in my parts....Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Well!

There ya have it now don't cha...

Good ole Mikey the Guru

From whence it came knew

That old 20" bass drum

The What'sit Whodo

Thanks Mikey!

Bowing

Oh, yes... I did think that the outfit must have been highly optimistic about the quality of those single screws holding down the lugs... I mean the head tension wouldn't change much but when all the nuts came loose it would be a mighty big maraca.

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

From fishwaltz

Near Fresno

I have a sister in Visailia...nice up there when you get out in the sticks..

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here