Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

A Vox/Trixon Speedfire set on C/L

It's on san fran,ca C/L for 850.00..It's a re-covered set with a Trixon snare and Vox tom's and bass.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi, Mikey!

This is very interesting. The Vox Manufacturing Company was an extremely diversified business! Of course, The Beatles used Vox amplifiers but, the company also is somehow affiliated with Korg keyboards. I have an old Univox guitar ( favoured by Kurt Cobain) as well. This is also an offshoot of Vox. Do you know when Vox Drums were manufactured, Mikey? These old instruments may be quite collectable. I have done some research in the past concerning Vox but, I am curious to know about the percussion interest.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

dumb question, how do you put heads on that bass?:confused:

Posted on 13 years ago

There's one on eBay.. just add your own calfskin!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-60s-TRIXON-Speedfire-Bass-Drum-Flesh-HOOP-Head-/220738744405

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Vox Drums were available for the 1967/68 model years. But, of course VOX didnt make them, they were all made by Trixon of Germany.

The Trixon drums are some of the coolest looking drums ever. The conical drums scream "1960s Go Go"!!

Posted on 13 years ago

From salty 1322

Hi, Mikey! This is very interesting. The Vox Manufacturing Company was an extremely diversified business! Of course, The Beatles used Vox amplifiers but, the company also is somehow affiliated with Korg keyboards. I have an old Univox guitar ( favoured by Kurt Cobain) as well. This is also an offshoot of Vox. Do you know when Vox Drums were manufactured, Mikey? These old instruments may be quite collectable. I have done some research in the past concerning Vox but, I am curious to know about the percussion interest. Brian

Hi Brian, Vox drum's were only inported to the U.S. in 1967-68 year's only..You know they were made by Trixon..To me the Vox drum's are very rare to come by Trixon's are too..I have a 4 pc set of Vox drum's 14x22,9x13,16x16 and a 5x14 chrome snare...I got the set about 20 year's ago for 50.00..A side note did you know that Buddy Rich used Vox drum's in 1968 for a very ,very short time...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks, Mikey! You certainly are a knowledgeable source when questions arise!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Vox had at least one previous incarnation as a marketer of drums--- A Tromsa made, 6x14 parallel drop snare from the early to mid-60's. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15512&d=1271353958

this is a grey/green version of a fairly common wrap being used by a number of German companies in the late 50's-into the 60's. i have seen the same wrap on Meazzi as well.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here