Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

A Supreme Cry for Help!

Dear Dave and Fellow Members,

Thank you very much for all of your help. I am sorry to be such a pain.I don't have access to a digital camera or a cell phone which can take pictures so sending photos, at least for the present, is impossible. Please let me pick your brains one last time. Well...that's a hard promise to keep.

In The Vintage Drum Forum, under badges,there is a picture of the Supreme badge.That is what I have .Also, when I punch in " Pictures of Star Drum lugs",the second thread by Jonnistix (first picture) show lugs which are identical to my tenor and floor toms.My bass has eight lugs which are very similar to the bass lugs in the last picture.

I would assume therefore that Supremes are stencils of Star from around 1965.

Still, I have not found the word, "Supreme" in any literature.Maybe I'm being too picky or detail-oriented. Maybe there is someone out there who can help.

At any rate, I just want everyone to know how much his expertise is appreciated.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

You likely will not find any information on them anywhere. As stencils, finding catalogs or much else as far as information, there is not much in existence. So what you find here is likely all you are going to get. I have a set of Majestic brand by Star, and the badge on this site is all I can find.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I have a 12/16/20 supreme kit, no snare. sent pics in a prev stencil thread. int painted shells, looks factory, and 60's. could not find any info on them. sent the badge pic to Dave for the site. I really like mine, use them for small clubs.

Posted on 14 years ago

jonnistix said it.

We are in the unfortunate situation that these drums are > 40 years old now.

And we can't compare today's information access via the Net with what was the standard in the 60s and before.

What we try to do is collecting as much information as possible of that puzzle together and make a picture out of it.

There is still a haze about many MIJ vintage drumsets and I'm afraid that we are not/never able to disclose all secrets of that aera.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago

Here's a link to a thread which I enjoyed very much in which Mikey777 shares about the early days of the stencil imports. It is spread out over three posts, ( pages 1, 2, and 4 ) so don't stop at the first post by Mikey.

Link.............

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Hello Vintage Drum Forum.

This is my first post so I thought it should relate to my first drums

I was given a set of Supreme drums back in 1969 for Christmas (yes a long time ago). I gave them away to a friends kid about 20 years ago and was asked if I wanted them back last year and had to say yes. I'll post some pics and you can see if they are the same Supreme drums you are talking about.

Unfortunatly the mounted tom is missing, snare stand and one bass drum spur, otherwise in very good condition, still has the original pouch on the floor tom with the drum key and the wrench for adjusting the tom hardware.

I would like to get them playable again so if any has a tom I would be interested, otherwise I may try to wrap another non - USA tom in gold sparkle.

Stuart

Posted on 14 years ago

Wow, and in Orange Sparkle, those are nice,and they are the same as his set. Hang around here, we'll get you a replacement, sooner or later, for that tom. They pop up from time to time. Now, when are we gonna see a green sparkle set pop up? Since it is not in any of the Star catalogs, it will have to be from one of the Pearl stencils.....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I think I have a Gold Sparkle tom for you. Just need a pic of the lugs.

I also would have the other missing rail parts...

PM me...

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here