Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

A Question for the Ludwig Experts

I've a very large vintage Ludwig Rocker kit. This (I believe) kit is the Rocker type with the lacquered interiors and the large bass drum style 60's standard (now called rocker?) lug. This is the older version that snaps off the drum if you put any more tension on them than usual...which, is seriously irritating!

My question is this: has anyone ever replaced them with the large classic lugs? My understanding is that the hole spacing is the same?

I apologize for not digging too deep on here...I'm positive this question has been posted before...

Thanks guys!

Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, lugs are interchangeable. To prevent any immediate problems, add larger washers to the back of the existing lugs until you can swap them out.

Photos?

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 9 years ago

No, no photos...I've got the cannon style toms on this kit...it needs a major overhaul...in all honesty, I'm always trying decide whether to fix them up or just sell them off...I'd want to cut the shells down to standard size and other things...it'd be expensive for sure...besides, I've still got that Gambles kit to work on...

Mind Blowi

Posted on 9 years ago

If you are considering cutting them down, just sell them. Somebody out there wants the deep shells. God knows they aren't making them anymore. Also it's not worth the trouble for an end result that isn't original.

Just my two cents.

I like Drums...
1963 Ludwig Downbeat Champagne Sparkle
1964 Leedy (Slingerland) Blue n Silver Duco
1964 Ludwig Club Date Sparkling Silver Pearl
1966 Ludwig Super Classic Sparkling Silver Pearl
1968 Gretsch round badge modern jazz orange stain
1972 Slingerland 85N Pop outfit Light Blue Pearl
1976 Ludwig Vistalite clear
1981 Gretsch SSB Gran Prix Rosewood
1987 Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom Mellow Yellow
1991 Pearl Export Ferrari Red