Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

A new member has a question

I just joined the forum and I have a couple of questions..does anyone have a source for 1960's Ludwig parts? I need a rail consolette(tongue type),2-14" 6hole rims and 1-12" 6hole rim. Attached photo is the rail unit currently on the 20. Thanx.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

What kind of rail is that? I've never seen one like it.

Ludwig railmount: There are two different types from the 60's. One is the earlier one that has a ratchet that looks like a telephone dial and then the later one that has ratcheted "teeth" (works MUCH better!). But it would help to know the exact year of your 60's bass drum first. Is there a date stamped inside the shell anywhere? What is the number on the badge?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

That's a vintage Japanese rail...

I think your Ludwig rail had originally two mounting holes & the "clockface" version as I see it...

Posted on 15 years ago

All vintage 60's Ludwig rail mounts have four screws (like the Japanese one, shown -not sure if the hole spacing is exactly the same as that one, though).

Posted on 15 years ago

QUOTE=O-Lugs;24369]What kind of rail is that? I've never seen one like it.

Ludwig railmount: There are two different types from the 60's. One is the earlier one that has a ratchet that looks like a telephone dial and then the later one that has ratcheted "teeth" (works MUCH better!). But it would help to know the exact year of your 60's bass drum first. Is there a date stamped inside the shell anywhere? What is the number on the badge?[/QUOTE]

The badge # is 176731 (1965??)

Posted on 15 years ago

A few of the early pre-serial Ludwig kit came with the 2-hole mount. I've had two of them...

Posted on 15 years ago

I haven't seen a pre-serial rail consolette. Can you post a picture of one?

I am only aware of two rails that Ludwig used in the 60's and those I have described.

The badge # is 176731 (1965??) -YES!

Posted on 15 years ago

Here's a pic of my newly acquired 1960 Luddys transition badge,all original.

1 attachments
147.9 kB
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yipes ! Thanks for that...I was about to start a trans-badge renovation and I was gonna use the 4-screw variety rail.

Kleening

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From drumguy60

Here's a pic of my newly acquired 1960 Luddys transition badge,all original.

That is extremely sweet!!!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here