Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

A couple of new (to me) snares. Any info on them?

I just picked up 2 snares the other day, and I did my internet research on them. One of them is a really old Slingerland. It was originally a Tone Flange snare, but the flange was removed and the edges were re-cut. It is single-ply mahogany, has the "First Tan and Brass Cloud Chicago" badge, and it is wrapped in the gold sparkle that looks like sand. The tube lugs are brass, and the throw-off is original and working (with a little bit of "jiggling" required, but it's worth it, I think). It's VERY sensitive and has a wide tuning range that sounds pretty great all the way through.

The next one is a Ludwig Auditorium in original green sparkle. It's not faded much, if at all (probably a little, but I can't tell). It has a pre-serial badge (1960-63), a red felt baseball bat muffler, white interior, eight bowtie lug casings...the works. It's in GREAT shape and sounds AWESOME!!!

So, that's what I know about them. Anyone have any other information, particularly about the Slingerland (like the probable years of production--1928-1936 seems a little "too general" to me)? Comments and questions are welcomed. Thanks!

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

Both real nice. Man I have to get a deep snare.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here