Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

A Canadian's Observations of Americans

To all of my American friends on the VDF, may I extend my warmest wishes to you on your forthcoming July 4. I have had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know many Americans over the years. Permit me to make an observation: I have found Americans to be a generous, kind-hearted people who have a penchant to rally to the side of the underdog. Americans are not afraid to cry BUT, do not push them around. They can be tougher than any people on the face of this planet! From this Canadian to you, may I state, with great respect, "God bless America!"

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you from my heart. I served my country well. My wife is retired military. My son and his wife are serving. I believe it an honor and privilege to call myself an American and to call you friend. I was named after George Michael Cohan, author of "Yankee Doodle Boy", "Over There", and "You're A Grand Old Flag". He was born on July 3rd and I was born on the 6th. Doc expected me to appear on the 4th, but true to form, I was a day and a half late. There are those that do not understand "love of country". I pray they never live through circumstances that instill that within a soul. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Brilliant tune! Take care, my friend.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Brian! Happy day to you as well! You live so close you could well be a citizen...and you get to watch an amazing fireworks display from your lovely island home.. Next time you get to the Midwestern plains, come on by for a cuppa joe and some great food...I am an amateur chef so it would be a pleasure to treat you, or anyone for that matter.

As Michael so eloquently stated, we are a prideful nation and we take the freedom of others seriously, however we allow our courts to take them away from us everyday. That is one thing I cannot stand, the fact that the rich and powerful get their way while we, the broken backs of the middle class, pay for it. But, I can't imagine living anywhere else, except one of the lovely islands or even the mainland of the upper west coast of the US or BC Canada, right up along the BC coast. Vancouver, Victoria, those are some of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited.

Have a Great Weekend all of you drumheads!!!!!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

A Happy Canada Day to you and all my relatives in the great country to the north

Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you from Canada and have a happy 4th too!!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you. May God bless Canada as well.

Posted on 13 years ago

Its odd we,re loved and respected,but why are most drum deals ship to "lower 48"only?..I,ve met one U.S.drum "guy" recently i,d love to throw under a train,but those are great odds considering the wonderful people i,ve met travelling across the States on many a tour in the 70-80.s.Party

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian! Thanks for the warm and sincere wishes for our 4th of July. I've met the most wonderful people (drummers!) through this forum and eBay. I'm proud to call the USA home. It's people like you that bring a smile to my face and prove the fact that the vast majority of people in the world are good and decent. Stay healthy and happy, my friend! Now, I need to go prepare for our celebration and will be playing my "patriotic" marching drum tonight. Woo-hoo!! -Mark

Posted on 13 years ago

From wayne

Its odd we,re loved and respected,but why are most drum deals ship to "lower 48"only?..I,ve met one U.S.drum "guy" recently i,d love to throw under a train,but those are great odds considering the wonderful people i,ve met travelling across the States on many a tour in the 70-80.s.Party

I sold a kit to Canada just last year. I've never had an issue with shipping to the Great White North. It was a bit of a pain, but definitely worth the effort for the gent. Sometimes, sacrifice is what we are called to do in order for the blessing to be passed on.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

That's very nice to hear. Thank you. Too many people around this world like taking pot shots at the USA.

Maybe we ought to just go in and kick their asses! LOL!

Happy 4th everyone. Just got done shooting off my fireworks, which are OK for me to buy in Pennsylvania, but illegal to bring over the border into NJ and ignite.

Too effin' bad!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here