Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

A bit of TLC.....

Early 1960's Premier 54 (I think) shells.

I sold the two Olympic snares to fund the restoration, but it's come out a treat.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/gaaaz/Project%202005/premierproject013.jpg[/IMG]

To:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/gaaaz/Project%202005/bassdrum023.jpg[/IMG]

I'm happy with it.Excited

www.drumarchive.com
www.mikedolbear.com
Posted on 18 years ago

Looks cool and I'll bet a neat little set for jazz gigs. Was the floor tom part of the original set? Color looks a bit different and I'm curious why it wouldn't have long lugs like the bass drum. I'm not very familiar with vintage Premier drums.

Posted on 18 years ago

Nice set, I have had a few Prermier snares in my collection and currently own a new set of Premier drums in WMP.

The restoration process is worth it once you finally get to play the drums.

Yes Sir

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Looks cool and I'll bet a neat little set for jazz gigs. Was the floor tom part of the original set? Color looks a bit different and I'm curious why it wouldn't have long lugs like the bass drum. I'm not very familiar with vintage Premier drums.

Yes, the floor tom is original. There's some slight differences in the colouration, but the kits been stored, uncased, for 30 years.

For some reason Premier didn't use long lugs on floor toms until the late 70's I think; But I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I believe the kit was built for a left handed drummer, as common practice in the 60's was to have the badge facing the audience. And the bass drums been drilled so as the tom holder can be re-fitted to the other side. (Plus, the Rogers cymbal arm holder gives it away!!)

I'm now just awaiting the opportunity to play the thing. D' Drummer

www.drumarchive.com
www.mikedolbear.com
Posted on 18 years ago

I've got a '58', circa 1965, at home, and the 14" tom has separate lugs also.

Did you re-wrap these? I have a grey swirl or grey silk model 202 with a 16" tom in need of rewrap. Can't find any matching wrap so far.

Posted on 18 years ago

Very cool and thanks for the info on the lugs.

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I've got a '58', circa 1965, at home, and the 14" tom has separate lugs also.Did you re-wrap these? I have a grey swirl or grey silk model 202 with a 16" tom in need of rewrap. Can't find any matching wrap so far.

Mike Ellis at DM Drums ( www.dmdrums.co.uk ) may be able to help regarding the wrap.

Worth a try.

www.drumarchive.com
www.mikedolbear.com
Posted on 18 years ago

Beautiful work, GAZ!!

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here