Hello,

This is my first post and it's a pleasure to find such a great informative site.

I'm a keyboardist/drummer, drummer in one band and keyboardst in the other. Anyway the drummer in my band is interested in trading drum sets with me. I have a 2004 5 pc set of Yamaha Stage Custom's which I like. He had mentioned he was interested in trading with me. He has a 4 pc set of Slingerlands in a 20x16, 14x14, 12x10, 14x5 snare configuration. I've done as much checking as I know how. I've played his set before and it sounds awesome and I like them very much. My guess is that it was an imported set made with the American maple shells (Keller I think). I'm not sure but I think it has the Black and Gold badge with the ser# and USA printed at the bottom of the football shape. They have a very deep dark redish brown natural wood finish to them; maybe the red violin finish aged a bit? I still have to check the badges because in 1991 or about he payed $750 for the shell set. I think because of the sizes and the quality of sound and looks of these drums they are either the Artist J4 or the Lite series made in South Carolina, if the badges are in fact gold with SC marked on them. I've had 2 hi end Maple kits over my 58 years and these rank right up there with them in sound and looks, if not better. Sorry for the long post but any info would be appreciated until I can get some pics up for you guys to look at. Thanks much in advance!