Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

8x12 ludwig sky blue pearl tom

I am keeping an eye out for this for my 66 Luddy.

It's not dire, I only play one up and like the 13 - it's more about completion and just having it if I feel like playing a five piece once in awhile. Thought I would throw it out there.

I saw a very close badge # tom on ebay, but I would have to rewrap it and am concerned that it would look bad with the original wraps on the rest of the kit.

Posted on 15 years ago

I have a 13" sky blue, clear interior badge 675290 available. Remember those days the original twin tom sets were fitted with 2 13" toms.

Dan C

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the reply Dan, I knew some of the early first double mounted tom kits came that way, but wasn't aware it was so on my 66 model. This is really a players kit and I like the idea of adding an 8x12, but maybe I could add another 13 and tune them differently.

Let me know what condition it's in and what you are looking to get for it.

I am also considering getting a mid 60's 8x12 orphan with wrap issues and trying a rewrap if anybody has one laying around for a reasonable price if the shell is good.

Posted on 15 years ago

Did you ever find your 12" sky blue tom? I want one too!

Dave

Posted on 15 years ago

Nope, no luck yet. But I am trying to be patient.

Seems like any 8x12 ride tom of that era is tough to get for a decent price. Been perusing ebay for a decent shell that is a rewrap candidate as well and they are few & far between.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, hard to find cheap,however I saw a nice 60's 13" sky blue go for $140.27 the other day on Ebay as well a 13" sky blue shell just sold for$???.?? Your best bet may be a 12" club date for rerap,but more work.Have you found a sourse for Sky Blue Rerap? I found and bought a complete set of 60's Luds, oyster blue with 12",14",20"and 14"super sonic 400 snare at a local auction for $250.00 Canadian,sometimes we get lucky!Some people ask far to much Loot for a single drum,I saw another tom sell for $224.00 on Ebay,anyway good luck.

Dave.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here