Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

80`s Tama snare lug (repair?)

I have an old 80s Tama mastercraft (6.5x14) which I love but broke one of those notorious snare lugs where the screw goes into the threaded part of the lug.

Is there a fix, epoxy or other, that could be used to repair it even if it means making it a permanent fixture to the shell? Its pitted to hell and spray painted silver/black and is almost disposable but its my favorite sounding rock snare so wanna keep it and play it soon instead of waiting another 10 months for one of those 1 15/16" ctc snare lugs to show up on ebay.

Thx in advance for any and all help.

Posted on 12 years ago

IF there is some thread left in the boss, you could put a new, longer screw in there - and epoxy it in place. If you have such equipment, drill the hole a little deeper (without drilling to far...) and cut a couple of rounds more thread.

Then, afterwards, saw off the head and use a nut for fastening it. This will firstly make sure you use all the thread available (the old screw likely didnĀ“t reach to the bottom of the hole) AND locking it with copious amounts of epoxy will help it hold on.

And, as the nut will be the part that goes on and off, you will not wear the feeble thread even more.

Will work!

Jon

Posted on 12 years ago

Can you post a picture of the broken area?I'm curious if it's the same as my broken Camco Tuxedo lug ends.

Posted on 12 years ago
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here