Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

80's Ludwig Flat base Cymbal Stand

I have two if these '80's Ludwig flat base cymbal stands and would like to find a third. I keep missing the random ones that show up on eBay so I thought I'd try here. Got one?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VdCO2e6wxWIctOsd2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OSixWS6m2O2z3WJl1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/O5fgWjXrTyybyCUq2

Posted on 6 years ago

I have a new in the box LAC25cs atlas flat based stand, i'm in Canada so shipping may kill it. if any interest reach me at (koke@rogers.com. mike

Posted on 6 years ago

Do you gave a picture of what you need? I may have one.

Posted on 6 years ago

Please host the photos here.

To the best of my knowledge, the only difference between the 1400's that we all know and love and the 80's model you speak of are that Ludwig swapped out the mickey mouse wing screws for the large, black plastic T-handle screws. The are the same thread size, so you could just get any 1400 stand and swap out the wing screws. Those Plastic T-handle wing screws are fairly easy to find.

Posted on 6 years ago

I keep forgetting that photobucket sucks now! I managed to get some links up to the stand I'm looking for (up in the original posting). Maybe it's later, 90's? 00's? I use these to gig because they fit in my hardware case without having to take them apart (like my 3rd current stand)

Posted on 6 years ago

Those are from the early to mid-2000's. They turn up every once in awhile. Personally, I don't like those stands. They really aren't "flat base", and the height adjusters are a real pain the rear to use.

Are you OCD about your hardware matching? There are many good flat base stands on the market now that fold up very compactly, including the DW ultralights, The Tama Classic Stand, even cheaper options by Chromacast and Peace are good stands.

I purchased a Tama Classic Stand over the weekend. I'm going to describe it in detail on a post very soon.

Posted on 6 years ago

The new Ludwig Atlas Classic stands are nice, I have a complete set (3 cymbal stands, HH & snare stand) on my Breakbeats.

Posted on 6 years ago

OCD? Well, maybe a little. The things I like about these stands are that they break down small enough to fit into my former bowling ball case turned hardware case on wheels. I have a Gibraltar stand I'm currently using as my third but I have to take the pipes out of each other in order to fit it into the case. I also like how the top stem has a quarter inch of unthreaded post at it's end so the wing nut doesn't drop to the floor every time you remove it. They're also super simple and light weight. Plus my OCD wants all my stands to match!

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here