Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

76-ish Premier kit - Custom???

I purchased a new Premier kit while working the coast years ago. It was a Black Duroplast. I dug out some pics this eve to research the details of the kit. Thus far, I've been unable to nail the exact kit config.

It is the following:

22x14 bass drum. PD132

22x14 bass drum. PD132

13x9 Tom. PD433

14x10 Tom. PD440

16x16 floor. PD446

18x16 floor. PD436

5x14 2000 snare. PD2000

The basses were virgin with no Tom or cymbal mounts. The toms were hung on a PD318 Lokfast Floor Tom-Tom Stand between the two virgin basses.

I think it might have been a custom order because I recall it being mentioned during a huge fight when I purchased it. The drum department gent had put the wrong price on the placcard. It was off by a wide margin and I insisted on purchasing it at the marked price. The owner screamed at him and I watched from the second story window as he sped off in his car.

I'm just trying to finally nail down if it was a custom kit or if there was a cat config that it fits. I've searched Premier cats through the years to no avail.

Any insight would be cool.

If you don't have Premier cats to interpret the part number correlation to individual drum builds ... I could try and take some pics of my pics and post them tomorrow.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Well, I don't think it's a custom kit, if it has parts numbers, you could just order those parts or configurations right out of the catalog, the closest catalog number would be an old 505, I think, double bass kit. Got some pics????

If I remember right the Premier warehouse was in Moorestown,New Jersey, so it wasn't the case of ordering direct from the UK and Black Duraplastic isn't an odd wrap

Posted on 13 years ago

If it doesnt appear in a cat, then it's a custom. That's pretty much the definition of how it would have been ordered ... custom ordered ... special ordered ... personal configuration order. It's semantical. I'm just trying to find out if this config exists in a cat.

The 505 doesn't fit the config. The basses were virgins, as they had no Tom or cymbal mounts ... only spurs. The two uppers were hung on the double Tom stand.

I'll post pics today after church. I have to take pics of some pics I have.

The only thing I do know is it was ordered for a show for the Cow Palace (if memory serves). The store also had Steve Gadds kit he used with ... I think it was Di Meola. Anyway, my brother has pics of that show and that kit. I chose the Premier kit instead. I had always been a Who fan and black Premier spoke louder than Gadd at the time.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Here's a few pics of some pics I have in my scrap book. They are taken outside, inside, in the studio, and all points in between. Hopefully someone can make a call on this. It's not important in the grand scheme of things, but it has been something I've wondered for a lot of years. Thanks.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here