Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

'73 Premier Silver Star

Lovely Premier kit!

Posted on 10 years ago

From dj_fontana

The Jazz Guy & The Rock Guy....

hey Lars,

Can you put both sets together...so we can see the ultimate Silver Star kit?Bowing

Thanks

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

I wonder if Prem came up with the Brushed Chrome finish in the snare drum to compliment the SS finish?....sure looks like it....smart thinking...as usual.. on their part.....

Posted on 10 years ago

From blairndrums

hey Lars,Can you put both sets together...so we can see the ultimate Silver Star kit?Thanks

..Yeah, there's a Bunch of possible Combinations now! Would be a quite strange 20, 22, 12, 13, 16,16 silver Kit...! Tom Mounts are different, though...

Could also set up a "Golden-Silver-Sun-Star- Christmas" Kit, with three Kick Drums but then again...electricit:eek:

I wonder if Prem came up with the Brushed Chrome finish in the snare drum to compliment the SS finish?..

Well, (as you certainly know) there was/ is a matching wooden Silver Star (HiFi) Snare and it sounds terrific.

It's likely that they offered the 'Brushed Chrome' to match the Aluminium Version with the SS Finish.

The Brushed one that came with the Rock Kit is in the works now. Someone took her Die Cast Hoops away :( and I have to replace them. Cleaning, new Snares, and a CS Dot and I'll make it a meaty Rock Snare!

Best Wishes,

Lars

'73 Premier 707 Golden Sun 2x22/13/14/16
'72 Premier 303 Silver Star 20/12/14/16
'73 Premier Silver Star 22/13/16
'75 Premier Silver Star 18/12/14
2000 Snare, Hi-Fi Silver Star (Wood), Hi-Fi (Brushed Chrome)
'60s Flush Base and '70s Lokfast Hardware Sets

'70s Ludwig B/O Kit Silver Sparkle
Supra Phonic, Black Beauty, '67 Acrolite

Paiste Dark Energy Set, Giant Beat Set
Paiste 602 Hats and Flat Ride
Paiste 2oo2 Ride
Zildjian K Set
Posted on 10 years ago

Some brushed chromes had regular hoops...I have seen it in the catalogs....so...maybe yours came that way?

Did I tell you I snagged a super rare 6.5 by 14 Brushed Chrome Hi-Fi a few months back? They only show it in the 72 catalog...mine doesn't have all the usual pitting these have too..so that was bonus!

I remember a guy saying he saw Cream in Detroit,and GB had 3 BD's...and he would go back and forth between them...don't know if this is true or not though....

PS..I think you told me that you have a SS snare..is that correct?...I have one...but it is a Oly with mahogany inner...8 lugs....

Posted on 10 years ago

From blairndrums

Some brushed chromes had regular hoops...I have seen it in the catalogs....so...maybe yours came that way?Did I tell you I snagged a super rare 6.5 by 14 Brushed Chrome Hi-Fi a few months back? They only show it in the 72 catalog...mine doesn't have all the usual pitting these have too..so that was bonus!I remember a guy saying he saw Cream in Detroit,and GB had 3 BD's...and he would go back and forth between them...don't know if this is true or not though....PS..I think you told me that you have a SS snare..is that correct?...I have one...but it is a Oly with mahogany inner...8 lugs....

Hi Blairn,

Yes, I have a SS Snare, it can be seen on the "Jazz Guy" Photo.

A Collector who knows every Vintage Premier Detail told me that my Brushed Snare would be too old for regular Hoops. I don't know, can't be wrong to install those Die Casts.

There is a Brushed one in 6 1/2" on .bay UK as a 'buy it now' including Drum Key and Lokfast Stand right now. Not exactly a Bargain and NO shipping to Germany, so...

Best Wishes,

Lars

Paiste 2oo2 Ride
Zildjian K Set
Posted on 10 years ago

Hi Lars,

I saw that BC snare on eBay UK...it has the pitting that is typical to these drums...thats a big bummer...as they are so cool when not pitted!

The 6-1/2 I grabbed is my 3rd one..the other 2 are 5-1/2 by 14....

I did ask a guy in England that has been collecting a long time if he has ever seen a 6.5 BC ,and he said no!

Steve White in the UK has been collecting a very long time also,and he hasn't seen one either!

You might want to grab it just on rarity.....

Posted on 10 years ago

Fine looking drums there....Once again, instead of seeing a swatch of a wrap on the back of a catalog, we VDF guys get to see the real thing. A wrap I never knew even existed. Thanks for sharing. d.:Snow Flake:

Posted on 10 years ago

Did I tell you I snagged a super rare 6.5 by 14 Brushed Chrome Hi-Fi a few months back?

I saw your October Post about that 6 1/2" BC. Hope to see some nice Pics when it's done!

You might want to grab it just on rarity.....

I'd like to, but there's no chance to contact the seller. After I tried several times, it said 'NO SHIPPING TO GERMANY" in Red Letters in the ad. This, after purchasing Kits, Snares and Hardware Big Time in the UK w/o the slightest Problem.

I don't beg for letting me buy....

Paiste 2oo2 Ride
Zildjian K Set
Posted on 10 years ago

I don't get the whole..."Will not ship out of the country" bit...

I know a guy who would not do that...and I told him he was missing out on a lot of sales...

Saw him a year later,and said he took my advice,and now is shipping all over the globe!

Will do pics of the 6.5 BC soon..I promise!

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here